Month 1 Deliverables – January 16, 2019
Slack Channel Invite here:
- Join #2019tacoma
- Introduce yourself on #introductions
- What was your Venture Ready Score? ___
- Why do you want to do a startup?
- Write your reasons for your future self – the cost of doing this will be high. Define your why and document it.
- Does the money matter?
- How long will you “try” to do the company?
- Ideation deliverables
- Write out a two paragraph summary of each of your ideas
- Rank the ideas based on 1-4
- Rank them based on your willingness to spend 6 years on the idea
- Product/Service deliverables
- What will the product look like to the customer
- How will it be delivered
- What features are required for launch
- What would be nice to have at launch
- How much will it cost to make?
- How much will it cost to sell?
- Target Customer deliverables
- How big is your TAM/SAM/SOM/LAM – post
- What research can you find on the topic
- Research deliverables
- What did you find on the web that makes you think this is a good idea
- What are the headwinds and tailwinds that make you think this is a good idea
- What have other companies been funded in this space? How much and by whom?
- Bring your research list to the next session
- Companies in Crunchbase with links
- Write out your Pitch using the Madlibs format
- Want to get a jump start on the next session? Start doing customer interviews
You can join the slack channel here.
- Please join the #2019seattle channel
- Make sure to introduce yourself on the #introductions channel
- If you post questions you’d like Dave to respond to, post in the #general channel and tag @Dave
- Creative Confidence – Tom Kelley & David Kelley
- Crossing the Chasm – Geoffrey Moore
- Four Steps of an Epiphany – Steve Blank
- A Curious Mind – Brian Grazer and Charles Fishman
- Industries of the Future – Alec Ross
- Measure What Matters – John Doerr – OKR, Objectives and Key Results
- Lost and Founder – Rand Fiskin
- Tom Tunguz, Redpoint http://tomtunguz.com/ SaaS and MRR
- Brad Feld, Foundry Group http://www.feld.com/
- Fred Wilson, Union Square http://avc.com/