The insecurity of hitting the “Publish” button
I wrote a post this week that was tough to hit the “Publish” button.
It ended up hitting a nerve and having over 500 readers. The best thing about it were the comments and feedback that came from the readers. The chart serves two purposes… First, wow. Second, a reminder I haven’t written much lately. A clear sign about balance in my life.
- Some people approached me via email or in person to say they understood first hand – that took some courage.
- Some shared it out on Facebook and Twitter – that took some courage.
- Some just had to face themselves and realize they weren’t alone – that took some courage.
I talked to a friend who asked how I was doing with the feedback and I confessed that hitting the publish button was a lot harder than I expected. He referred me to his favorite blogger, James Altucher. James’ quote was, “I’m scared every time I sit down to write. I’m ashamed every time I hit ‘publish'”.
We all have our own insecurities. Mostly, they’re the voices in our heads. More often than not, those voices are so wrong. When they get out of your head and into a safe environment, you often realize how wrong the voices have been.
- You can do it!
- You do have what it takes!
- Your worst fear won’t be realized!
- You’re not the only one who feels that way!
I’ll confess to being scared… but not ashamed on this one.
Hi Dave, there is a lawyer named Adam who has down a lot of work with SUWE. Do you recall what law firm he is with? I know he is in the Seattle Tower.
How goes the Gig? Mike
hey Mike, if it’s IP, it’s likely Adam Phillipp at AEON Law. adam(at)AeonLaw.com
Great post Dave!