This 60-minute webinar is designed for Startup Founders and CEOs considering fundraising or exploring the option of selling their company. Is it time to sell your company? Do you know what milestones to put into place over the next 12 months? Preparing to exit your startup can be an emotional process, filled with ups and downs – and that’s even before you hire a banker!
- July 15, 11 AM Pacific, 2 PM Eastern – Info and Registration – sponsored Alliance of Angels Seattle
What we’ll cover:
- Choosing Your Own Adventure! Should you do a fundraising round or exit your company? It’s really all about your options and what path you should take that’s best for you, your employees, and your investors.
- What’s your Market Map? What are the buyer types that could buy your company? Private Equity or Strategic Buyers have different profiles and timelines to purchase a company
- What is the M&A process? We’ll break down the mechanics of the process with milestones and deliverables – and how to manage the process to maximize your return
- Understanding pricing and terms. More deals fall apart from terms than pricing. However, having realistic pricing coming into the process matters as well as earnouts or acqui-hires.
- Business Development as a strategic process. How to build up market relationships starting today that will impact your future enterprise value.
We’ll cover some case studies, lessons learned, and the common mistakes first-time founders make that can hurt the price or tank the deal.
About Mark and Dave:
- Mark is the founder of NextPath Advisors and was the CEO of two tech companies he sold before moving into private equity as a buyer. As a sell-side advisor, Mark has helped over a dozen companies position themselves for a successful exit. His full LinkedIn profile is here.
- Dave is a 5X founder, having sold three of the companies he founded. DKParker, LLC is his investment and advisory business as well as his blog and program site. He’s been part of nine transactions as an operator, board member or investor. His full LinkedIn profile is here.
Both Mark and Dave have been through the process as first time CEO’s who have exited their companies. They personally know the challenge of talking to board members and investors that may have conflicting interests and can help you confidentially think through your options.
What do you want to know about “Prepping for Exit?” Drop me an email or subscribe to the reading list below.